Course OverviewDownload PDF
In this course, you will learn how to use the F# language for functional as well as object-oriented programming (OOP) of .NET applications. Essential F# for C# developers helps you place these techniques and take advantage of the special support for functional and advanced object oriented approaches that F# offers.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
- Leverage functional programming in their .NET development work
- Use the most feature-rich Microsoft language for the .NET Framework
- Use the basics of language syntax in F#
- Write simple as well as advanced recursive and higher-order functions
- Use functions as building blocks through partial application and composition
- Use immutable data types, list comprehensions, and discriminated unions
- Work with lists and continuation-based sequences
- Apply higher order functions for data analysis
- Create class hierarchies in F#
- Make use of advanced object oriented techniques to favor composition over inheritance
1. Basics of Functional Programming, F# Syntax, Types, and Functions
2. Advanced Functions and Functional Techniques
3. Discriminated Unions
4. Exception Handling, Types, Casting, and Sequences
5. Map, Filter, and Fold-Standard Higher Order Functions
6. Object-Oriented Programming Part 1 - Immutable Classes
7. Object-Oriented Programming Part 2 - Mutable Classes
A solid understanding of .NET and C#
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.