IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration
List Tuition : $3,695.00 USD
Course OverviewDownload PDF
This course is the first of two five-day courses for implementing, configuring and administering IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. In hands-on practice, you install the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 server, backup-archive client, the Tivoli Integrated Portal, and Administration Center. After the product is installed, you configure the environment. You create and configure storage pool hierarchies and define policies to manage the flow of data from disk to disk or tape media. Lab exercises guide you through the steps to back up, restore, archive and retrieve client data. You also create schedules to run administrative and client processes and maintain your Tivoli Storage Manager environment to ensure recoverability. The Student Exercises are available for Windows and AIX (see course TSX12G). The lecture material covers all supported Intel and UNIX platforms.
Students who need advanced administration skills should also take course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration, Tuning, and Troubleshooting (TS622)
This basic course is for system administrators and implementers who will be responsible for implementing an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 solution.
- Discuss the features of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Install IBM Tivoli Storage Manager server, backup-archive client, and Administration Center
- Navigate the administrative interfaces
- Create and manage storage pools and storage pool volumes
- Explain the concepts of attaching a tape library and preparing media
- Describe data deduplication
- Define policy to meet business requirements
- Manage the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager database and recovery log
- Configure the backup-archive client
- Back up, restore, archive, and retrieve client data
- Protect the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager database and storage pools
- Schedule administrative tasks
- Monitor server and client messages and events
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager overview
- Installing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Administrative interfaces and privileges
- Managing storage pools and storage pool volumes
- Storage media devices
- Policy management
- Customizing the Tivoli Storage Manager database and recovery log
- Client configuration
- Backup-archive client functions
- Protecting the database and storage pools
- Automating operations
- Monitoring and event logging
- Appendix A: Additional product information
- Appendix B: Problem determination
- Windows administration skills.
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.