Course OverviewDownload PDF
This two-day course teaches the skills necessary to administer IBM Tivoli Monitoring and the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. The Tivoli Enterprise Portal is used by IBM Tivoli Monitoring, IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager, and OMEGAMON XE and DE to manage your enterprise environment. In this course you learn about creating queries, links, situations (enterprise and private), autonomous agents, policies, agentless monitoring, and event integration with Netcool/OMNIbus and Tivoli Enterprise Console. This training class is provided in a classroom environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab practice. The scenarios used in this class are based on IBM Tivoli Monitoring version 6.3.
This intermediate-level course is for Tivoli administrators, technical support personnel, and IT services specialists who are responsible for implementing and administering IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
- Create and manage queries to access data
- Construct links for easy portal navigation
- Build enterprise situation events
- Configure and manage agents running in autonomous mode
- Create and manage workflow automation with policies
- Create agentless monitoring
- Use Agent Management Services
- Integrate events with Netcool/OMNIbus
- Use commands effectively
- Advanced link topics
- Monitoring your enterprise using advanced situation techniques
- Agent autonomy
- Working with policies
- Agentless monitoring
- Agent Management Services
- Managing situation event integration
- Command-line interfaces
You should have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with event management
- Experience with the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- Working knowledge of Netcool/OMNIbus (suggested but not required)
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 7
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.