Course OverviewDownload PDF
IBM Tivoli Monitoring products monitor the performance and availability of operating systems and applications. In this course you learn about the Tivoli Monitoring architecture and how to navigate the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. You also learn how to manage situation events, visualize real-time and historical data, manage user authorities, and publish monitoring workspaces.
This introductory basic course is for users and administrators of all Tivoli Monitoring products who use the Tivoli Enterprise Portal as the user interface.
- Describe the Tivoli Monitoring architecture.
- Use and navigate the Tivoli Enterprise Portal to monitor and manage an enterprise monitoring solution built with Tivoli Monitoring.
- Manage the Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure by starting and stopping components, using the self-monitoring workspaces and topology, and building managed system groups.
- Build situations to monitor the enterprise.
- Access situation events, situation event details, and status changes.
- Manage events effectively using facilities provided with Tivoli Monitoring.
- Build visualizations of enterprise monitoring data and personalize workspace data, and build workspace views.
- Manage historical data collection and use historical data within Tivoli Enterprise Portal and Tivoli Common Reporting.
- Manage user authorizations and user groups.
- Introduction and overview
- Using and navigating the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- Managing Tivoli Monitoring components
- Monitoring your enterprise
- Situation event management
- Visualizing monitoring data
- Introduction to Dashboard Application Services Hub
- Historical data collection
- Managing user security and publishing workspaces
You should have:
- a working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and experience with an Internet browser.
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 6
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.