Course OverviewDownload PDF
This highly practical course is designed to show you how to implement service improvements based around ITIL's philosophy of 'Adopt and adapt.' In this holistic course, you will cover nine guiding principles of service improvement, the service improvement approach, communication, metrics and measurement, and organizational change management (OCM). The course fully prepares you for the ITIL Practitioner exam, which you may take at a later date. An exam voucher for the web-based exam is included in the cost of the course.
The course prepares you for the AXELOS© ITIL Practitioner exam. To achieve the ITIL Practitioner certificate, you must score at least 70 percent on the hour-and-45-minute, open-book exam that consists of 40 case study-based multiple-choice questions. ITIL Practitioner certification is worth three credits toward the ITIL Expert award. During this course, you will prepare for the exam and then take the exam at a later date.
- Those engaged in IT development, IT operations, and IT service management
- Individuals wishing to have detailed understanding of the principles of service improvement
- Service management concepts
- Guiding principles
- Service improvement approach
- Organizational change management
- Metrics and measurements
- Tips for passing the ITIL Practitioner exam
- Practice with a sample ITIL Practitioner exam
1. Service Management Concepts
- Adopt and Adapt
- VOCR: value, outcomes, costs, and risks
2. Guiding Principles
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress iteratively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- Keep it simple
3. Service Improvement Approach
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- How do we know we've arrived?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
4. Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- What is OCM?
- Sources of resistance
- People transition
- Stakeholder management
- Sponsor management
- Resistance management
5. Metrics and Measurements
- CSFs and KPIs
- Metric cascades and hierarchies
- Metric categories
- Issues caused by poor communication
- Benefits of good communication
- Communication essentials
- Communication principles
- Communication types
7. Tips for success on the ITIL Practitioner exam
8. Sample exam
ITIL foundation v3 equivalent, v3 or 2011 is a mandatory requirement
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.