Course OverviewDownload PDF
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits, and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic and useful for enterprises of all sizes, including commercial, not-for-profit, or public sector.
In this course interactive course, you will learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. Using a logical and example-driven approach, you will cover the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework.
Important information regarding your COBIT 5 exam: Students taking this course will receive an exam voucher to take the COBIT 5 exam in an online, proctored format. There is no paper-based COBIT 5 Foundation exam administered in class.
Business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what it can provide their organization
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for using COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
1. IT Governance and Management Challenges
2. Introduction to COBIT 5
3. Meeting Stakeholder Needs
4. Enabling Processes
5. COBIT Processes
6. COBIT Process Components
7. Process Capability Assessments
8. Other Governance and Management Enablers
1. Exam Preparation Guidance
2. Key COBIT 5 Facts
3. Practice Exam
4. Self Study
Exercise 1: IT Challenges for Callwick
Exercise 2: Goals Cascade
Exercise 3: Stakeholder Concerns and IT Governance Principles
Exercise 4: Identifying IT processes, Practices, and Goals
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.