Course OverviewDownload PDF
Virtual teams offer many benefits, but they also present challenges not faced by traditional, co-located teams. How do you successfully collaborate with a team when you're all in different locations and can't see each other regularly? This course will help you rise to the challenge of working with members of virtual teams. You'll learn what characteristics to look for in virtual team members, how to overcome the communication challenges virtual teams encounter, and how to promote trust and team-building that virtual teams require to be successful.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- Characteristics that define high-performing virtual teams
- How to tailor communication for a virtual team
- Advantages and drawbacks associated with collaboration tools
- Tips for facilitating meetings with remote participants
- Tips for building trust and promoting team-building on your virtual team
1. Virtual Teams
- Benefits and Challenges Associated with Virtual Teams
- Myths Concerning Virtual Teams
- What Do Virtual Teams Need to Be Effective?
- Characteristics of High-Performing Virtual Teams
- What Makes an Effective Virtual Team Leader or Team Member?
- Best Practices for Effective Communication
- Coordinating Communication
- Communication Planning
- Cross-Cultural Considerations
- Email Issues
3. Collaboration Tools
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Conference Call
- Video Conferencing
- Online Chat Tools
- Project Management Software
4. Virtual Meetings
- Virtual Meeting Facilitation
- Meeting Planning Tips
- Virtual Team Meeting Tips
5. Team Building
- Tuckman's Stages of Team Development
- Building Trust
- Water Cooler Conversations
- Consistent Communication
- Success Recognition
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.