Course OverviewDownload PDF
To be successful, managers need to delegate tasks and ensure that they are completed correctly, on time, and within budget; however, managers often find it difficult to relinquish control of tasks. In this course, you'll learn the benefits of delegating, for the delegate as well as the delegator, and which tasks you should retain. You'll also learn how to approach potential delegates and set them up for success, how to establish accountability, and how to monitor progress and manage risk.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The benefits and barriers to delegation
- The tasks managers should never delegate
- The steps of the delegation process
- Guidelines for monitoring and controlling delegated tasks
- How to plan for and effectively deal with risks associated with delegation
- What Is Delegation?
- Management Is Delegation
- Why Delegate?
- Barriers to Delegation
- Getting Work Done by Others
- Delegate to Motivate
2. Before You Delegate
- Caveats to Delegating
- Tasks to Retain
3. Fundamentals of Delegation
- Autonomy vs. Control
- Delegating Process
- Approaching the Delegate
- Delegating Menial and Challenging Tasks
- Establishing Accountability
- Monitoring Progress
- Monitoring Effort
- Managing and Documenting Risk
- Providing Feedback
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.