Preparing for Leadership: What it Takes to Take the Lead
List Tuition : $2,095.00 USD
Course OverviewDownload PDF
This course is designed to help leaders-to-be get ready for new challenges and responsibilities. You'll discover the heart and mind of true leadership through self-assessments and other leadership scenarios. You will explore roles as strategist, change agent, coach, manager, communicator, mentor, and team member. You will learn to develop your unique leadership style for maximum impact.
- Managers with potential candidacy for a leadership role
- Anyone about to take on a new leadership assignment
- What a leader is and is not
- Project a more dynamic image
- Discover your own unique leadership style
- Determine which leadership attributes you already possess
- Take on your first leadership position with greater confidence by applying lessons learned in leadership training
- Learn to look and talk like a leader
- Expectations for a leader
- Gain and use power and influence positively
- Motivate a team
- Protect yourself against the pitfalls of intra-organizational politics
1. Is There a Leader in You?
- Qualities Senior Management Looks for in Candidates for Leadership Positions
- Expectations of Leaders
- Major Strengths and Areas for Improvement as a Leader
- Importance of Trust and its Effects on Followers
2. What Do Leaders Talk About?
- Assessing Your Leadership Style
- Developing the Most Effective Leadership Style for Your Position
- Identifying and Using Effective Communication Patterns
- Identifying the Types of Subjects Leaders Discuss
- Creating a Vision, Set Direction, and Give Instructions that are Understood and Followed
- Benefits of Vision, Mission, and Values Statements That Are Thoroughly Implemented
3. How Can You Build Your Influence and Power?
- Identifying a Leader's Sources of Power and Influence
- Ways Leaders can Build their Power and Influence
- Expanding Your Power Networks by Developing Key Relationships
- Precautions to Take in Exercising Power and Influence
- Traps to Avoid in Using Power
4. How Can You Handle Organizational Politics?
- Differentiating Between Good Politics and Bad Politics
- Understanding and Participating in Organizational Politics
- Developing and Advancing a Leadership Agenda
- Strategies for Getting Others to Support Your Agenda
- Coping with and Surviving the Agendas of Adversaries
5. How Can You Motivate People?
- Motivating People
- Factors that Make People Act the Way They Do
- Handling Former Peers Who Resist Your Authority
- Handling Difficult People
6. What Is Your Leadership Image?
- Projecting the Positive Professional Image of a Leader
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.