Course OverviewDownload PDF Certification Path
Learn how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. The course covers the specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment, as well as common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems. Click here for more information on the exam and the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification.
Systems administrators, operations managers, and individuals responsible for supporting operations on the AWS platform
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line
- Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
- Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
This is an emerging technology course. Course outline is subject to change as needed.
1. System Operations on AWS Overview
2. Networking in the Cloud
3. Computing in the Cloud
4. Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
5. Monitoring in the Cloud
6. Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
7. Configuration Management in the Cloud
8. Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
9. Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
- Working knowledge of systems administration or software development
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 5
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.