Course OverviewDownload PDF
Coaching and mentoring can help your team members improve on-the-job performance and develop into your organization's leaders of tomorrow. Coaching can also help bring underperformers' work up to standard. This short course will explain the difference between coaching and mentoring and outline the basics of both. You'll learn about what makes a great coach, how to structure a coaching session, and the keys to formal mentoring in the workplace.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
- Difference between coaching and mentoring
- What makes a successful coach
- Set goals for coaching
- Structure a coaching session
- Coach underperformers
- Characteristics of great mentors
- What mentees need to do to succeed
- Difference Between Coaching and Mentoring
- What Does a Coach Do?
- Characteristics of Good Coaches
- Preparing for and Structuring the Coaching Session
- Coaching Dos and Don'ts
- Keys to Formal Mentoring in the Workplace
- Matching Mentors and Mentees
- What Makes an Effective Mentor?
- What Does a Mentee Need to Contribute?
4. Questioning and Listening Skills
5. Other Issues
- Coaching and Mentoring Your Team Members
- Hostile Students
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 1
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.