Course OverviewDownload PDF
There are four basic social styles: driver, analytical, amiable, and expressive. Knowing your dominant social style and the styles of others can help you become a more effective communicator. In this course, you'll learn how to identify your social style and that of others. You'll explore the positive and negative characteristics associated with each social style and the possible conflicts that may arise between people with different social styles. You'll also learn strategies from moving from an overly passive or aggressive communication style to an appropriate level of assertiveness.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- How to identify your social style
- Conflicts that may arise between people with different social styles
- Characteristics of passive, aggressive, and assertive communicators
- The relationship between assertiveness and responsiveness
- Strategies for improving your communication style
1. Social Styles and Communication
- Social Styles
- Two Variables: Assertiveness and Responsiveness
- Four Social Styles: Driver, Analytical, Amiable, and Expressive
- Style Complications
- Possible Conflicts
- How to Use Social Styles
2. Assertive Communication
- Assertiveness Scale
- Passive Communicators
- Aggressive Communicators
- Assertive Communicators
3. Strategies for Improvement
- General Strategies
- Strategies for Passives
- Strategies for Aggressives
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.