Course OverviewDownload PDF
Some research suggests that people with higher emotional intelligence tend to be more successful than others, but what is emotional intelligence? How do you improve it? In this course, you'll explore the definition and development of emotional intelligence, as well as the importance of applying emotional intelligence in the workplace. You'll learn about how self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management make up emotional intelligence. You'll also cover suggestions for improving emotional intelligence.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- How the theory of emotional intelligence developed
- The difference between emotional intelligence and IQ
- The four components of emotional intelligence
- Competencies of emotional intelligence
- Tips for improving your emotional intelligence
1. What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- Emotional Intelligence Defined
- Why Is Emotional Intelligence Important?
- How Is Emotional Intelligence Measured?
- What Led to the Development of Emotional Intelligence?
- Multiple Intelligences
- Social Intelligence
- Traditional View of Emotions
- Misconceptions of Emotions
- Modern View of Emotions
- Emotional Intelligence vs. IQ
- Mayer and Salovey
2. Components of Emotional Intelligence
- Four Components of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Domains
3. Emotional Intelligence Competencies
- K-A-B Competency Model of Emotional Intelligence
- Other Emotional Intelligence Competencies
4. Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
- How Can You Improve Your Emotional Intelligence?
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.