Course OverviewDownload PDF
There are three main aspects to controlling project scope: clarity of definition, precision of boundaries, and reliability of change management. In this short course, you will explore how all three relate to scope management and learn about the steps involved in controlling scope, from defining what the project will accomplish to managing the inevitable change that projects face. You'll discover how the project charter, scope statement, and work breakdown structure contribute to managing scope, as well as the importance of identifying and analyzing stakeholders. You'll also learn about the role of progressive elaboration in scope planning and management.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP©-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators,project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders,product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team memberswho want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
- Importance of clearly defining what the project will accomplish
- Role of the project charter in defining project scope
- Basic steps of stakeholder identification and analysis and the role they play in managing scope
- Quality principles that characterize an effective WBS
- Importance of a simple, effective change control process to scope management
- Rolling wave planning
1. Clarity of Definition
- Scope Definition and Scope Planning
- Project Charter
2. Precision of Boundaries
- Scope Statement
- Stakeholder Identification and Analysis
- Work Breakdown Structure
3. Reliability of Change Management
- Change Management Plan
- Change Control Process
4. Iterative Planning for Scope Control
- Rolling Wave Planning
- Agile Project Management
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.