Course OverviewDownload PDF
Learn to use the project kickoff meeting to get everyone involved and focused on the big picture and the long-term goals of the project. Discover what you need to do to prepare for an effective kickoff meeting and what needs to be included in the meeting agenda. You'll also learn what to avoid in your kickoff meetings.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
- The purpose and benefits of kickoff meetings
- How to prepare for a kickoff meeting
- Who to invite to your kickoff meeting
- What to include in your kickoff meeting agenda
- Tips for running an effective kickoff meeting
- What Is a Kickoff Meeting?
- What Is the Purpose of a Kickoff Meeting?
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Kickoff Meetings
2. Preparing for the Kickoff Meeting
- Questions to Answer in the Kickoff Meeting
- What Do You Want to Accomplish with the Kickoff Meeting?
- Understanding Client Expectations
- Who Should You Invite?
3. Developing the Kickoff Meeting Agenda
- Components of the Kickoff Agenda
4. Running the Kickoff Meeting
- How to Run a Productive Meeting
- Kickoff Don'ts
- Be Prepared to Lead the Meeting
- Set the Pace
- Get Feedback
5. Following Up after the Kickoff Meeting
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.