Course OverviewDownload PDF
Nearly every project runs into problems sooner or later. How do you keep those problems from escalating into full-blown crises? In this short course, you will learn how to identify the warning signs of project failure and how to start preventing and solving the problems associated with them. You'll explore the importance of starting with a realistic, balanced project plan and how to develop metrics you can use to monitor project status. You'll also learn simple techniques for identifying the true underlying causes of the symptoms your project exhibits.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators,project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders,product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team memberswho want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
- Identify common symptoms of a challenged project
- Importance of a realistic plan for preventing project problems
- Basics of earned value management
- Identify the metrics you can use to monitor your project's 'vital signs'
- Identify the root cause of problems
1. Recognizing Symptoms of a Challenged Project
- Common Symptoms of Challenged Projects
- Why Do Symptoms Go Unrecognized?
2. Planning to Prevent Failure
- Value of Clear Goals and a Realistic Project Plan
- Monitoring Your Project's Vital Signs
- Determining What You Should Measure
- Earned Value Management
3. Transforming Challenge into Success
- Root Cause Analysis
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.