Course OverviewDownload PDF
In this course, you will learn the skills you need to effectively establish and manage a realistic schedule and detailed budget. Through hands-on exercises, you'll learn to develop an integrated budget and schedule while monitoring project performance during execution. You will be introduced to analytical techniques, including creation of a work breakdown structure, network diagramming, dependency analysis, critical path determination, three-point estimating, and assessment of resource needs and availability.
You will learn the management tools that help to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, as well as the importance of creating baselines for the project schedules and budgets. To communicate your project's progress to stakeholders, you'll learn to use earned value analysis and other reporting techniques. . Hands-on exercises will demonstrate the mechanisms and importance of formal change control procedures.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 72% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
Associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, and program managers.
- How to develop a balanced plan
- Network diagramming methodologies
- Approaches to identifying a project's critical path
- Time and cost estimating techniques
- Scheduling techniques
- How to include various types of cost and expenditures into budgets
- Practical approaches to budget development
- Efficient ways to gauge and report progress using earned value analysis
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle
- Stakeholder Management
- Principles of Integrated Project Planning
- Project constraints
- Defining Project Success
- Scope Planning
- Estimating Techniques
- Time Analysis
- Schedule Development
- Cost Analysis
- Control Account Plans
- Integrated Risk Management
- Balancing the Plan by Balancing the Constraints
3. Executing, Monitoring, and Controlling
- Executing the Project Work
- Monitoring Progress
- Earned Value Management
- Controlling Performance
- Communicating with Stakeholders
- Managing Risk During Execution
- Scope Verification and Customer Satisfaction
- Administrative Closure
- Transitioning Deliverables to their New Owners
- Updates to Organizational Process Assets
- Capturing Lessons Learned
- Preparing the Closing Report
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 1
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.