Course OverviewDownload PDF
This course takes you through the technology behind IBM Flash System and its hardware components. The course covers the logical objects and the terminologies along with the step to deploy and configure the IBM FlashSystem 840 storage. This course will provide hands-on facilities with lab access, which will demonstrate how to perform the initial setup of storage, create hosts and volumes using Graphical User Interface (GUI) and CLI methods.
This intermediate course is for personnel who are assessing and planning to deploy IBM Flash storage and solutions.
- Summarize the components associated with each unit in the FlashSystem 840 Storage Implementation course
- Differentiate between disk storage and flash storage
- Recognize the evolution of FlashSystem products
- Classify the FlashSystem 840 Management interface and functions
- Recall host interfaces related to the FlashSystem 840
- Summarize the integration of FlashSystem 840 with IBM SVC
- Recall the administrative functions associated with the FlashSystem 840
- Recognize the benefits of the Flashsystem V840
- IBM FlashSystem 840 Storage Implementation Overview
- Introduction to Flash
- IBM FlashSystem 840 Hardware Architecture
- IBM FlashSystem 840 Management Interface and Functions
- IBM FlashSystem 840 Host Interface connectivity and integration of host
- IBM FlashSystem Integration with IBM SVC
- Managing the IBM FlashSystem 840 Environment
- IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise performance solution
You should have completed:
- IBM Flash Storage Fundamentals (SSFS1G)
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.